LamasaTech were approached by Sunderland University to generate a solution that would allow students and staff to access documents and other necessary information without visiting a manned reception desk across all campuses. As the university receives a large footfall across each campus so the solution provided needed to be realistic and suitable for its audience and environment.
- Reduce man hours whilst providing up-to-date information across campuses
- The system had to be suitable to cope with high footfall
In order to fulfil the brief that Sunderland University had put forward LamasaTech provided a number of high-quality touchscreen kiosks with various features that would enable an efficient means of obtaining documentation.
Interactive touchscreen kiosks are a great way to improve efficiency and user experience across many businesses. Touchscreen kiosks allow people to perform a number of tasks alone, meaning staffing costs are reduced and a process can be refined to short simple steps.
The kiosks LamasaTech provided were anti-vandal, secure units and operate 24 hours a day.
- Interactive touchscreen kiosk displays
- Kiosks accessible 24 hours a day
- Fully secure kiosks giving the university full control
- Fully mounted, sealed and robust displays
- Barcode scanners fitted into the kiosks for student and staff use
- Energy saving enabled with sleep mode
- A control system that enables a reboot in the event of a system crash
“We worked successfully with LamasaTech to acquire the touchscreen technology that we required for our student information point. The technology was high-quality and we were able to negotiate on price.” – John MacIntyre, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Pro Vice Chancellor
Created in 2010 these were some of the first kiosks the region had ever seen. LamasaTech received a large amount of positive feedback regarding our supply of the kiosks. Each kiosk was robust and secure to ensure durability and longevity.